Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on December 29, 2017 by Ellen Christian
The warmer weather means that people will begin planning their weddings. When Marty and I were married, we had the ceremony by the side of Lake Bomoseen. Everything was green, and the flowers were in bloom. It was soft, romantic and exactly what a wedding should be, in my opinion.
Makeup Bridal Looks
The Jenny Packham 2015 Bridal Collection was inspired by the photographs of 1930s British society photographer, Madame Yevonde. The photos’ soft tonal colors and hazy, neoclassical ambiance directly influenced the design and palette of this season’s collection. Talia Shobrook, the lead makeup artist for this seasons, show, created a “soft but defined” makeup look that “complemented the romanticism of the collection.”
The full directions to get the makeup bridal looks from 2015 Runway Bridal Show are below. I love that this look gives you just a hint of definition without a lot of color. It’s a great choice for people who like the natural look with makeup.
- Shobrook first primed the eye area with Laura Mercier Eye Basics, ($25). Immediately before application, she wet Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Café au Lait, ($23). Then, starting from the inner corner, she finely applied the eye shadow, following the lashline, and extended it out to the outer corner with a sharp tick.
- She lightly applied Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Sesame, ($23) onto the eyelids.
- Next, she sculpted the eye by applying Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Cashmere, ($23) in the crease with the Laura Mercier Pony Tail Brush, ($29). Shobrook then highlighted under the brow bone with Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour inButtercream, ($23).
- To finish the look, she used Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Suprême Lash Building Mascara, ($24, May 2014) and then went over the mascara with a clean mascara wand to separate the lashes.
- To tie the look together and flawlessly frame the face, she lightly defined the eyebrows using Laura Mercier Eye Brow Pencil, ($22)
This is the perfect look for a spring or summer wedding. It will also work well for any occasion where you are looking for a soft, romantic look.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.