Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s no secret that I love buying the latest makeup and beauty products but that doesn’t mean there aren’t some things that I like to make myself. This lip scrub DIY homemade recipe is one of the easiest ways to keep your lips kissably soft and smooth.
Lip Scrub DIY Homemade Recipe
Just like our skin, our lips need to be exfoliated regularly to remove product build up and dead skin cells. You can certainly buy an expensive lip scrub at the store but it’s easy enough to make your own instead. I like making mine because I know exactly what ingredients are in it.
- White sugar
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract or peppermint essential oil
- Small container with a lid
- The quantities you use with depend on the size of the container you have. You will use the same amount of coconut oil as sugar so 1 cup of coconut oil and 1 cup of white sugar or 1/4 cup coconut oil and 1/4 cup white sugar.
- 1 to 2 drops of vanilla extract or peppermint essential oil. Peppermint essential oil will “plump” your lips. Vanilla will not. If you don’t mind the tingling sensation as the peppermint essential oil works, go with that. If you want something milder, use vanilla. Or use both. Totally up to you.
- Mix everything together and store in the small container with a lid.
- To use, gently rub against your lips to remove dead skin cells. Wipe off.
These ingredients are safe enough to use regularly. You could even let the kids use it although for them I would probably skip the essential oils and use vanilla extract instead. You can make these in a larger quantity to give as a gift. Just make a pretty label with instructions and maybe add a few lip glosses or a body scrub and you’ll be all set.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.