Last Updated on February 18, 2022 by Ellen Christian
For the holiday season, Laura was inspired by the decorative architecture, style and mood of the Art Deco period in Paris in the mid-1920’s, most notably the beautiful paintings of the artist Tamara de Lempicka.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Laura created rich makeup shades of gilded golds, glamorous reds and striking blacks to beautifully contrast each other to achieve a beautifully ornamental look
- Play up eyes with Illuminating Eye Colour in Gilded Moonlight, as seen on Marchesa’s Fall/Winter 2012 runway; Makeup artist Talia Shobrook used this eye colour to create glamorous gold-rimmed eyes
- Golds and bronzes are paired with high-shine reds and deep blacks
- Eyes are sharply designed and defined – lined in black, with gilded shimmer eye colours as a beautiful golden background
- Lips wear super-shiny red lacquer
What do you think? While I love the red on the model, it’s definitely NOT my color even lightened with a bit of clear gloss. The gilded bronze eyeshadow is absolutely gorgeous though. My camera does not do it justice. Do you have your make up picked out for your holiday look?
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”
Like this post? Use the buttons below to share it to your favorite networks!
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.