Last Updated on December 29, 2017 by Ellen Christian
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you know how to keep lipstick from smudging? I think that’s one of those beauty lessons I missed when I was younger. I know how to apply it. I know how to find the right color for my complexion. I’ve been experimenting lately and I think I’ve figured it out. It’s especially important in the heat of the summer to follow these tips to keep your lipstick from smudging.
Keep Lipstick from Smudging
It’s hard enough to look polished in the summer heat without having lipstick that’s smudged. I generally shy away from bold lip colors and choose nudes or lighter colors in the summer because it’s not as obvious when they smudge. Thankfully, with these tips I can grab that bold lipstick when I want to.
- Make sure your lips are kissably soft before you being. Try a lip scrub to exfoliate them.
- One of the reasons lipstick smudges is because your lips are dry. Make sure you apply lip balm to your lips before you apply your lip stick. Go with a really moisturizing lip balm that has coconut oil and beeswax in it.
- If your lips feel too tacky after applying lip balm, follow with a light dusting of sheer powder. Make sure you use a separate brush to apply powder to your lips or you’ll end up with lip balm on your face brush.
- Use a clear lip liner to line your lips. The clear liner will help prevent your lipstick from feathering and smudging.
- If these suggestions aren’t enough to keep your lipstick from smudging, you can apply a lip primer to help.
Although these suggestions will work most of the time, a really passionate kiss is probably no match for most lipsticks. If you’re looking for something with serious staying power, you may want to try a lip stain. Please don’t use this every day as it is very drying to your lips.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.