Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Not removing your makeup the right way can make you look older than you are.
Learning the right way to remove makeup isn’t taught nearly as many times as the right way to achieve a smokey eye or pick the best shade of lipstick. I’ve never seen a group of girls oohing and aahing over the latest makeup remover as they do over the latest Chanel lipstick. Removing makeup isn’t a skill we practice over and over again until we get it right like polishing our nails. But, we should.
Here is the Right Way to Remove Makeup
Did you know that one out of three women sleeps in their makeup at least two nights a week? Do you?
By not removing your makeup regularly, your pores can become clogged with makeup and oils. When leftover makeup becomes impacted in your pores, your pores become stretched. As you age, your skin is less elastic and doesn’t bounce back as quickly as when you were younger. That means your pores don’t shrink to their original size as soon as they use to. That change makes you look older.
Removing makeup correctly only takes a few minutes.
- Begin by removing makeup using a cleanser makeup remover for face and eyes. Saturate a washcloth or cotton pad with makeup remover and gently smooth over your eyes, face and neck. Do not rub, scrub or otherwise get rough with your skin.
- Mascara and eyeliner are the most difficult types of makeup to get off. The area around your eyes is the most sensitive part of your face. It’s doubly important to be gentle while removing eye makeup. If the above doesn’t remove all of your eye makeup, saturate a cotton ball and gently wipe the area around your eyes to remove any leftover eye makeup.
- Once you’ve removed your makeup, wet a white washcloth with water and smooth over your face one more time. Now look. Is the washcloth still white? OR did you miss makeup that needs to be removed? Repeat as necessary.
I’ve been using dr. brandt xtend your youth dual fusion water to remove my makeup each morning. The dual fusion water is a 2-in-1 micellar cleansing water and makeup remover for face and eyes. It’s reinforced with Dr. Brandt’s A3 power; a dynamic shield boosted with antioxidant, anti-aging and anti-stress ingredients designed to:
- remove oil, impurities and makeup residues
- gently and effectively remove even waterproof makeup
- support skin’s natural defense system against free radicals and external aggressors
- leave skin purified and revitalized
dr. brandt xtend your youth dual fusion water contains a variety of botanical ingredients including camellia sinensis leaf extract, rose extract, wine extract, mineral salts and lotus flower extract. It is very gentle on your skin and is suitable for all skin types.
I am a member of the dr. brandt influencer program. They offer $10 OFF towards my next purchase when I share with my friends, and they click back! The best part is you get a $10 OFF coupon towards your next purchase for clicking off as well! The offer is too good not to share, so check them out by clicking the link below. If you would like to share this with your friends as well, you can earn $10 + 150 Loyalty points when they come back and make their first purchase! It’s a Win-Win!
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.