Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post has been sponsored. I am an Aveeno Active Naturals Ambassador.
Looking beautiful is more about healthy habits than it is about the latest fashions and styles. If you don’t take care of yourself, you will find it much more difficult to keep that attractive appearance. I know that when I think of beauty, I automatically think of gorgeous clothes and new makeup techniques. Don’t get me wrong, I love the latest designer fashions as much as the next girl and I cannot tell you how much time I’ve spent trying to master the smokey eye look but there is more to it than that.
Healthy Habits for Beautiful Skin
Your skin can be effected by many things including the products you put on it, what you eat, what you drink and what it’s exposed to. Here are some healthy habits for beautiful skin that I have been working on.
- Get active. Just 30 minutes of exercise a day can release stress and anxiety that can damage your skin.
- Eat a well balanced diet. Avoid foods with a lot of sugar and artificial ingredients.
- Get enough sleep. I aim for seven hours a night. Sleep can help stop fine lines caused by stress.
- Avoid suntanning. Any suntan means that skin has been damaged.
- Stop smoking. People who smoke show signs of aging earlier than those that don’t.
- Drink plenty of water. Water flushes your kidneys and hydrates your skin.
- Pamper your skin. An occasional pampering facial can relax muscles and rejuvenate skin.
- Use a moisturizer. A daily moisturizer can help relieve dry skin and help prevent the signs of aging.
I have been participating in the #AveenoDailyChallenge where I was asked to incorporate one healthy lifestyle change and daily use of Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion. While I have been trying to incorporate many healthy habits for beautiful skin into my routine, one of my main focuses was to get more sleep. I’m one of those people who burns the midnight oil to get as much done as possible and that isn’t good for my body or my skin.
I did manage to get more sleep most nights. I tried to focus on having a relaxing bedtime routine that included a cup of tea and some cuddle time with my husband. While I won’t say that I managed to get more sleep every night, I did manage a great improvement over what I normally get. As part of this challenge, I have also been using the Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion before bed. While I am good about moisturizing my face, I often forget that elbows, knees and feet also need extra attention. The Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion gives you 24 hour hydration for soft, beautiful skin that lasts and I definitely noticed a different in how my skin felt when I used it daily.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.