Last Updated on December 29, 2017 by Ellen Christian
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Glossybox review was made possible by an item provided. This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are mine and mine alone.
I love trying new brands of makeup and new products but I hate wasting money on products I don’t like. I’m sure that you’ve gone to the store and picked up something to try that you were certain you’d love only to get it home and find out you hated it. Maybe the fragrance was wrong or it didn’t feel quite right on your skin. Either way, you now have a full size bottle of a product that you’ll never use.
Glossybox Review October 2013
Glossybox is a monthly subscription service that allows you to receive five travel size beauty products each month. These boxes contain only top beauty products from well known luxury brands and up coming niche brands. You aren’t going to find any drug store brand products in your Glossybox. The entire package screams luxury from the box to the tissue paper tied with a bow.
The box I received contained:
- Balance Me Shine On Tinted Lip Salve – full size
- Bvlgari eau Parfumee au the vert eau de Cologne – .17 fl oz
- Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream – .5 oz
- Sesha Renu Exvoliating Gel – 20 ml
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara – .31 fl oz
Despite the statement on the site that says you receive travel size beauty products, both the Tarte mascara and the Balance me lip salve were full sized products. Love when that happens!
Here are my thoughts about what I received:
- Balance Me Shine On Tinted Lip Salve – I was a bit worried about the beige color I received but it really is a soft tint that would work wonderfully for anyone. Love that it’s 100% natural origin and it has a very light mint flavor that I fell in love with. Definitely a keeper. Full Size Retail $16.50
- Bvlgari eau Parfumee au the vert eau de Cologne – This perfume isn’t new to me. I have a full size bottle and it’s one of my VERY favorite Bvlgari scents. Fresh, clean and crisp. Full Size Retail $85.00
- Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream – This is a new brand to me and it takes a lot to say that about an anti-aging product. I’m really loving how light weight it is and the very faint fig scent is definitely appealing. Full Size Retail $42.00
- Sesha Renu Exfoliating Gel – I don’t use a lot of exfoliating products because of my rosacea. This does say it’s a non aggressive exfoliator but I think this will go to my daughter in her Christmas stocking. Full Size Retail $42.00
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara – I’m a huge Tarte fan although it’s generally a brand that’s out of my range price wise. I’d never tried their mascara before but I absolutely LOVE the length I got from it. The box says +752% volume which I can totally believe. Full Size Retail $23.00
I can honestly say I had a hard time choosing a favorite in this month’s box. There are so many amazing products that I know I’ll be using over and over again. As with most subscription boxes, if you find a product you love, you can purchase a full size version from the website.
Sign up for Glossybox for only $21.00 delivered to your door. That is a truly amazing deal considering that the lip salve and mascara in this box were worth $39.50 on their own.
Sign up now and receive a Free BODYOGRAPHY Every Finish Powder with any new monthly, 3, 6, 12 month regular subscription. Click here and use the code below:
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.