Last Updated on May 1, 2021 by Ellen Christian
Christmas is over and I was starting to miss all the fun presents when the January Glossybox arrived in my mailbox. I love subscription beauty boxes because it feels like Christmas when you open them up. Glossybox is a beauty subscription box that arrives monthly and features top beauty products from well known luxury brands and up coming niche brands. I absolutely LOVE that there are no drug store beauty brands in the Glossybox subscription. Don’t get me wrong, there can be some great drug store beauty brands but if I sign up for a subscription box, I want something that I cannot find locally.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Glossybox Review January 2014
Glossybox is a monthly beauty subscription service that allows you to receive five travel size products each month. The Glossybox beauty box is one of the highest quality subscription boxes I have come across. The products arrive in a pink box, nestled in tissue paper that has been tied with a pink ribbon. I have never been disappointed with a Glossybox shipment and January was no different.
The box I received this month included:
- Balance Me – Super Toning Body Wash – 1.7 fl oz
- The Original BeautyBlender – one applicator & sample size cleanser
- Bellapierre Cosmetics – Mineral Blush – Desert Rose – full size
- Toni & Guy Hair Meet Wardrobe – Casual Sea Salt Texturising Spray – 2.5 fl oz
- Vichy – Aqualia Thermal Rich Cream – .5 fl z
I was very excited that these were all new brands to me this month. For the most part, all the brands included were eco-friendly. The Beauty Blender applicator is latex free which is a must for my sensitive skin. The Balance Me body wash is 99% natural origin and contains essential oils. Here are my thoughts about what I received:
- Balance Me – Super Toning Body Wash – A naturally foaming body wash with a blend of juniper, bergamot, geranium and lavender essential oils. This is definitely something I will be buying again. I love the scent. Full size $14.00
- The Original BeautyBlender – This latex free applicator is designed to apply makeup and skincare. It is cleaned with the enclosed cleanser. I generally apply with my fingertips but this applicator really did give my makeup a smoother look than before. Full size $19.95
- Bellapierre Cosmetics – Mineral Blush – Love that this is suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin but sadly Desert Rose is just not a color that works for me. I’ll be gifting this to a friend with a different complexion. Full size $20.00
- Toni & Guy Hair Meet Wardrobe – Casual Sea Salt Texturising Spray – I love the beach look in the summer & this spray gives a beachy look with light hold. Definitely going to be a hit when the weather warms up. Full size $14.99
- Vichy – Aqualia Thermal Rich Cream – Very happy to see that this is paraben free. Truly does an amazing job on my dry skin even with the harsh winter weather we’re having right now. Full size $31.00
I had a hard time choosing a favorite this month but in the end chose the Balance Me Super Toning Body Wash. Definitely something I want to use more of. Sign up for Glossybox today for this special deal.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.