Last Updated on April 23, 2021 by Ellen Christian
With snow and cold weather here to stay for a while, I was super excited to receive the Glossybox 2014 Holiday Box. My hands and hair needed some serious pampering so the products that they chose were just perfect. Sometimes, I really feel like the cold weather does awful things to my skin. It’s probably a combination of less sunlight and the fact that the furnace runs all the time when it’s cold.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Glossybox 2014 Holiday Box
Glossybox is one of my favorite monthly beauty subscription boxes. The brands are all high end luxury brands and aren’t brands you’d come across in mass retailers or drug stores. That goes a long way toward helping me feel pampered. Each box contains at least 5 products – both full and trial sizes – along with a card that has tips for using each product. Glossybox is a nice combination of cosmetic, beauty, fragrance and hair products. This box contained:
1. Ciate Mini Paint Pot in All Aglow – Look closely, this vintage gold glitter polish contains tiny flecks of red for a gorgeous glowing finish. Full size $10.
My thoughts: Ciate is a fun brand of nail polish. I have received Ciate polishes in previous Glossybox shipments but this is the first time I’ve had a chance to try one of their glitter polishes. This would be perfect for a New Year’s Eve party.
2. Toni&Guy Leave in Conditioner – For the perfect pre-styling foundation, protect and prime strands with this leave in conditioner. Inspired by a hair stylists’ needs and created for all day nourishment, this winter combating formula helps tame frizz and improve manageability.
My thoughts: My hair desperately needed this. It’s a nice mid-weight leave in conditioner with a pleasant sort of herbal scent. Did a great job without weighing my hair down.
3. Bellapierre Cosmetics Mineral Lipstick in Burlesque – The perfect pairing for your little black dress can be found in this little black tube. Formulated with mineral pigments, iron oxides and antioxidants, this silky 100% natural bright fuschia shade with last for hours and is formulated without any of the bad stuff.
My thoughts: I love knowing that this is 100% natural. It’s a bit too bright for my pale complexion but my daughter will absolutely love it.
4. Nuxe Masque Creme Fraiche de beaute – Get hydrated fast with this skin calming rescue treatment, full of moisturizing ingredients like plant milks and aloe vera sap. Featuring the fresh scent of orange blossom, this hypoallergenic mask provides up to 24 hours of intensive relief from winter weather.
My thoughts: If your face is feeling tight and dry, this is definitely how you want to pamper it. It has a light scent and was absorbed very quickly into my skin. It’s gentle enough to use every day.
5. Rituals Cosmetics Miracle Scrub in Ginseng and Ginkgo Biloba – Talk about heaven scent! From the Dutch beauty brand, centered on turning daily routines into meaningful moments, comes this delectable hand scrub which combines the energizing properties of ginseng with nourishing ginkgo biloba for the softest hands possible.
My thoughts: This is absolute heaven on my hands. I love the way it smells and the way it feels. I just scrub and massage it into my hands and then wash off with warm water. It leaves my hands feeling so soft. Definitely a pampering must have.
If you haven’t already signed up for Glossybox, I really recommend you do. Their monthly boxes are truly amazing and I have never been disappointed. Get a free Stockholm Eye Dust if you sign up before December 31, 2014.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.