Last Updated on April 9, 2021 by Ellen Christian
I’ve been wondering how to get rid of skin tags safely after I found one on my side. I know they don’t actually hurt you in any way, but they are annoying. Skin tags are little flaps of skin that are stuck to your body. They are often found on our arms, neck, eyelids, and chest area.
How to Get Rid of Skin Tags Safely
As always, check with a doctor before you try any of these especially if the skin tag is anywhere on your face. I have been researching how to get rid of skin tags safely and these are just a few methods that I’ve found:
1. Apple cider vinegar. Wash and dry the area where the skin tag is located. Dip a cotton ball into apple cider vinegar and leave it in place for 15 minutes. Repeat three times a day for up to a week until the skin tag falls off.
2. Lemon juice. Lemon juice is basically citric acid that will dry out the skin and cause it to fall off. Apply fresh lemon juice to the skin tag three times a day using a cotton ball or cotton squab. Do not wash off. Repeat up to three times a day until the skin tag falls off.
3. Tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is antifungal and antibacterial and will dry out the skin and make the skin tag fall off. It’s important to dilute the tea tree oil with water rather than applying it directly to your skin. Soak a cotton ball in water and then add two or three drops of tea tree oil to the cotton ball. Apply as above until the skin tag falls off.
4. Garlic. Like tea tree oil, garlic is antifungal and antibacterial. Make a paste of four garlic cloves and place it over the skin tag. Put a bandage on top of the skin tag and change daily.
5. Homeopathic skin tag remover. A natural skin tag remover is the safest option for complete removal without any pain or scarring. The H-Skin Tags formula rapidly absorbs directly into the skin tags and works to gently flake them away.
Skin tags are harmless and almost everyone will get one at one point in their life. When in doubt, check with your physician.