Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on December 29, 2017 by Ellen Christian
I’ve been wondering how to get rid of skin tags safely after I found one on my side. I know they don’t actually hurt you in any way, but they are annoying. Skin tags are little flaps of skin that are stuck to your body. They are often found on our arms, neck, eyelids and chest area. This post contains affiliate links.
How to Get Rid of Skin Tags Safely
As always, check with a doctor before you try any of these especially if the skin tag is anywhere on your face. I have been researching how to get rid of skin tags safely and these are just a few methods that I’ve found:
1. Apple cider vinegar. Wash and dry the area where the skin tag is located. Dip a cotton ball into apple cider vinegar and leave it in place for 15 minutes. Repeat three times a day for up to a week until the skin tag falls off.
2. Lemon juice. Lemon juice is basically citric acid which will dry out the skin and cause it to fall off. Apply fresh lemon juice to the skin tag three times a day using a cotton ball or cotton squab. Do not wash off. Repeat up to three times a day until the skin tag falls off.
3. Tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is antifungal and antibacterial and will dry out the skin and make the skin tag fall off. It’s important to dilute the tea tree oil with water rather than applying it directly to your skin. Soak a cotton ball in water and then add two or three drops of tea tree oil to the cotton ball. Apply as above until the skin tag falls off.
4. Garlic. Like tea tree oil, garlic is antifungal and antibacterial. Make a paste of four garlic cloves and place it over the skin tag. Put a bandage on top of the skin tag and change daily.
5. Homeopathic skin tag remover. A natural skin tag remover is the safest option for complete removal without any pain or scarring. The H-Skin Tags formula rapidly absorbs directly into the skin tags and works to gently flake them away.
Skin tags are harmless and almost everyone will get one at one point in their life. When in doubt, check with your physician.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.