Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A lot of the healthy food we eat helps our bodies look and feel good. Since fall means pumpkins, I thought I’d do some research on the benefits of pumpkin seeds for beauty. When you’re carving out your pumpkin this year, don’t throw away the seeds. They are not only good for you; they have beauty benefits!
Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds for Beauty
Pumpkin seeds are loaded with all sorts of healthy nutrients. They contain zinc, amino acids, and other vitamins and minerals.
- Zinc – Zinc plays a significant role in healthy skin because it helps with proper structure of proteins and cell membranes. Those who suffer from flaky, dry, itchy skin may be lacking in zinc.
- Amino Acids – Amino acids help keep your hair healthy and your skin firm. They supply nutrients to your hair, skin and nails.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E is high in antioxidants. Vitamin E helps fight free radical damage that can lead to fine lines. Studies have also shown improved hair growth for those that take Vitamin E.
- Selenium – Selenium is an antioxidant that helps protect cells from damage. Some studies have linked selenium as being helpful for those suffering from dandruff.
- Biotin – Biotin is used to treat hair loss, brittle nails and some skin rashes.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – Pumpkin seeds contain Omega-3 Fatty Acids which can help you have healthy, shiny hair and protect your skin from the sun.
While you can buy pumpkin seeds at the store, it’s very easy to use the pumpkin seeds you remove from your pumpkin. Just separate the seeds from the pumpkin membranes, spread the seeds on a cookie sheet, spritz with extra virgin olive oil, bake at 325F for 10 minutes, flip and cook for ten more minutes. Watch to make sure they don’t burn.
Did you know there were benefits of pumpkin seeds for beauty?
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.