Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I have seen a lot of beauty box reviews for different monthly subscription beauty boxes. They generally include a variety of beauty and skin care products for you to try out. They are usually a combination of full size and trial size products depending on which subscription program you sign up for. I have tried several different beauty boxes and read a lot of beauty box reviews. When I was offered the Beauty Box 5 for review, I was intrigued since it wasn’t a beauty box subscription that I was familiar with.
Beauty Box Reviews – Beauty Box 5
Beauty Box 5 is a monthly subscription service that delivers a box of five beauty samples to your door every month. Their goal is to introduce women to new beauty products. The monthly box contains a combination of travel, deluxe, and full size samples. If you find you’ve fallen in love with one of the products you’ve tried, you can visit the website and purchase a full size version.
Their website says that your beauty box contains luxury, commonly known brands, niche brands, eco-conscious and even vegan brands. Your beauty box will include a selection of makeup, hair care, skin care, nail care, fragrances and beauty accessories. It’s nice to see a beauty box that offers such a nice variety of types of products to sample.
The box I received contained:
- LA Fresh Travel-lite Facial Cleansing Wipes – 8 count
- Swissco Glitter Toe Separators
- Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion – 1 fl oz travel size
- Model Co Illusion Lip Pencil
- Nubar Alter Ego Nail Lacquer – .25 oz mini bottle
As someone who travels occasionally, I enjoy receiving travel sized products. It is so hard to find products in travel size that will be acceptable to take on the plane with you and I hate having to travel without everything I am used to using.
Here are my thoughts about what I received:
- LA Fresh Travel-lite Facial Cleansing Wipes – These were very refreshing. They contain vitamin e, aloe and cucumber and are made for all skin types. The pouch is resealable which is an added plus. The full size version contains 48 wipes and retails for $19.99
- Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion – I’m a huge fan of Aveeno products so this one wasn’t new to me. This is a fragrance free daily moisturizing lotion that protects your skin and moisturizes up to 24 hours. The full size is 8 oz and retails for $6.99
- Model Co Illusion Lip Pencil – The box says that this unique skin colored soft wax pencil allows you to create the perfect pout and lip line by giving the illusion of natural fuller lips. You use it as a lip liner to outline the shape of your lips. It comes with a built in pencil sharpener. I’m not a big fan of lip liners and don’t have a need to make my lips look fuller so this is probably not something I will use. It looks like a very high quality products and would probably work well for those who use it. Retail $20.00
- Swissco Glitter Toe Separators – Red glittery toe separators to use when you give yourself a manicure. Very cute and will make a nice stocking stuffer for my daughter. Retail $2.00
- Nubar Alter Ego Nail Lacquer – This was by far my favorite product included in the Beauty Box 5 subscription box. It’s a fun glittery nail polish that is just perfect for Halloween and fall. I’m not familiar with Nubar as a brand but I definitely loved this polish. The full size version is .5 oz and retails for $8.00
You can pay $12 a month for Beauty Box 5 which includes free shipping. Or you can save money and sign up for 3 months and pay $30 per quarter. Sign up for a year for $99 a year for the best bargain.
This post was inspired by product provided by Tomoson.com. All opinions are mine and mine alone.
Do beauty box reviews help you decide what to sign up for?
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.