Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on June 19, 2020 by Ellen Christian
Summer is the very best time to try a few new beauty products. One of the ways to do that is with a new beauty subscription box like Beauty Box 5. With Beauty Box 5, you receive five deluxe samples and full-sized products of your favorite beauty brands to try out each month. They introduce you to new brands and great products, while sharing tips on the best ways to use them.
Beauty Box 5 Summer Chic
Each month, you receive a mix of makeup, beauty accessories, hair, skincare, fragrance, body, and nail products. I love this because I get to try out a variety of different things. Some of the brands are brands that I have seen in stores and some of them are totally new to me. Beauty Box 5 costs $12 a month and includes free shipping. The Summer Chic box (June) I received contained:
1. Nicka K New York Nail Color – What a sweet sheen! This lovely polish goes on smooth and offers even, long-wear coverage that doesn’t chip! Plus, the short brush makes application easy and yields a clean, formaldehyde-free finish. Retail $4.99
My thoughts: I received the NY139 Red Apple shade which is a beautiful dark red color. I probably won’t wear it until fall as my summer colors tend to be a bit lighter but I do love the color of this polish. I’m also impressed that it is formaldehyde-free. Nicka K is a new brand to me but I’ll definitely be looking for more.
2. Organix Coconut Water Shampoo & Conditioner – Parched hair, begone! Ultra-light and weightless, this hair hydrating duo is charged with electrolytes and coconut oil to give your hair a silky, healthy shine. Plus, it’s sulfate-free! Retail $7.99
My thoughts: I love Organix products and have used several in the past but never this variety. I do like the way it leaves my hair and definitely love that it’s made in the USA, not tested on animals and is sulfate-free.
3. Glam Natural Mascara – It’s hard being a girl who loves makeup and has sensitive eyes, but this mascara is the answer to our prayers! Gluten free, paraben free and hypoallergenic, this vegan formula lifts lashes and won’t irritate your pretty peepers – layer away. Retail $28.00
My thoughts: I love this. It does a great job of making my lashes stand out and I really appreciate that it is a natural mascara. My daughter has problems with gluten so I will be gifting her this.
4. Eslor Introductory Collection Calming Kit – (Soothing Refiner & Cleanser, Replenishing Scrub, Comforting Mask, Soothing Cream) Ready for a transformation? This paraben free kit includes some of Elsor’s all-star products, including a soothing refiner and cleanser, replenishing scrub, comforting mask and soothing cream that will hydrate and protect your skin. Retail $28 to $65
My thoughts: This is another new to me brand that I really loved. The products are soothing and I love the way they made my skin feel. I think that my favorite was probably the Soothing Cream.
5. Vita Bath Body Wash – Free of propylene glycol, mineral oils, and silicone, this delicious, antioxidant-rich body wash smells good enough to eat (please resist!) and creates a luxurious lather that will leave you feeling fabulous. Retail $7.95
My thoughts: I have seen this brand in stores but have never tried it. I received the Dreamy Pink Frosting scent and I think I am in heaven. This has got to be the yummiest smelling body wash I have ever tried. Definitely a keeper.
If you’re looking for a new way to try different brands and products, I definitely recommend Beauty Box 5. It’s very affordable and contains a quality selection of products. Sign up today.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.