Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on December 29, 2017 by Ellen Christian
I love it when nature has everything I need to be beautiful. As much as I love a good beauty product shopping haul, it’s refreshing to be able to find what I need in the kitchen on short notice. I know that olive oil has a ton of amazing healthy benefits, but now I know that there are quite a few amazing olive oil beauty hacks as well.
8 Amazing Olive Oil Beauty Hacks
While I always purchase extra virgin olive oil to use when cooking or consuming, it’s not as important to purchase extra virgin olive oil when using it in a beauty product. You can save a few dollars and purchase regular olive oil instead.
- DIY Coffee Scrub – Mix ground coffee and olive oil and massage onto stretch marks or any rough patches of dry skin. Rinse off.
- Lip Exfoliator – Mix olive oil, brown sugar, and honey into a paste and massage gently onto your lips. Rinse off.
- Cleansing oil – Oil attracts oil. Simply massage olive oil onto your face and rinse off. It will draw out the impurities.
- Hair conditioner – Heat half a cup of olive oil to warm in a pan and massage into your hair. Wrap your hair in a towel and leave on for 30 minutes. Shampoo and rinse.
- Shaving – No need for conditioner. Simply rub olive oil into your skin and shave. It will reduce irritation and leave your legs soft and smooth.
- Makeup removal – Wet a cotton ball and use olive oil to remove your eye makeup. Follow up by washing your skin normally.
- Condition your cuticles – Simply place olive oil in a small bowl and soak your cuticles for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Treat cracked heels – Exfoliate your dry cracked heels and follow up by rubbing olive oil into your skin.
How many different ways do you use olive oil in your beauty routine?
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.