Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The past week or two here in Vermont have been unseasonably hot and humid. We don’t often get temperatures in the nineties and when we do, I stop functioning. I am not a hot, humid weather kind of girl. You can ask my husband. I lay on the couch with an iced tea or a lemonade and wait for the hot weather to pass.
Tips to Stay Cool & Gorgeous in the Summer
One of the biggest challenges in the summer is not only how to stay cool but how to stay cool and look gorgeous when you’re not feeling that way. I don’t know about you but when I get hot, my makeup melts off. Here are some tips to stay cool and gorgeous in the summer heat.
- Use a moisturizer with SPF built in under your make up. For the rest of your body, don’t go outside without using a broad spectrum SPF 50 sunscreen like Aveeno Active Naturals protect + hydrate lotion. It’s both sweat and water resistant.
- If you plan on wearing foundation, use a lightweight mineral foundation rather than a liquid foundation. Mineral foundations have better staying power in hot weather.
- Freeze water and fruit overnight and add to any beverage for a refresher with a twist.
- Use waterproof mascara in hot weather. The raccoon look is never a good fashion statement.
- Keep your lips hydrated and protected from the sun with a lip balm that includes SPF.
- Stay hydrated. Bring along a water bottle filled with icy cold water. Avoid both caffeine and alcohol which will dehydrate you.
- Fun in the sun isn’t fun when you’re suffering from hot flashes and menopause symptoms. Try Estroven Weight Management for multi-symptom hot flash relief that also helps women manage their weight.
Menopause is already a tumultuous time for nearly half of women in the United States, and between hot flashes and night sweats, it can seem like an uphill battle to beat the heat: especially in the summer. As the temperature rises, so do the number of beach days, and for women suffering from menopause, a trip to the beach could feel like a trip to the sauna.
One of my readers will win an Estroven Beat the Heat Summer Survival Kit containing:
- Beach Towel
- Ice Sphere
- Tangerine Plastic Water Bottle
- Estroven Weight Management
- Nutrition Tips
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.