Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
With summer firmly here, it’s time to talk about these summer fragrance tips. You may need to wear your favorite fragrance differently in the warmer months. You may even need to choose a different fragrance entirely.
Summer Fragrance Tips
In the hotter summer months, fresher fragrances work better than overpoweringly sweet or musky scents. Nature inspired scents like light florals, citrus and scents with water notes will wear best.
- The heat of the summer can mean that your perfume doesn’t last as long. You may need to reapply it more often during the day. You can also try layering your scents by wearing a body lotion in the same scent as your perfume.
- You can also try spraying your fragrance on the inside of your clothing. The heat from your body against your clothes will release the scent more slowly than if you applied it directly to your skin. Never apply it to the outside of your clothing in case it stains.
- If you’re worried about staining your clothes, try a few spritzes of perfume in your hair. To release the scent, simply run your fingers through your hair occasionally during the day.
- Floral and citrus scents will attract mosquitoes so if you’re planning on being outside, choose a scent with a natural essential oil like eucalyptus, peppermint or clove.
- Never store your perfumes in direct sunlight. If the bottles are in an area that now gets the summer sun through them, move them to a darker corner of your room.
My top picks for summer fragrances for women are Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue, Thierry Mugler Angel Sunessence and Marc Jacobs Honey. Looking for a gift for the man in your life, try Davidoff Cool Water or Bvlgari Aqva.
Do you wear the same scents in the summer and the winter? Share your favorite summer fragrance tips.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.