Last Updated on July 11, 2021 by Ellen Christian
The leaves are changing colors and all has arrived again here in Vermont. I’m taking out a few of my favorite sweaters and scarves and looking for new ways to wear old favorites. One of the best ways to get a bit more mileage out of your wardrobe is by accessorizing. Just because you wore your favorite black sweater a few days ago doesn’t mean you cannot wear it again today with a scarf.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Tie a Scarf in 3 Easy Ways
Since I am always cold, I tend to add on layers like cute scarves to help stay warm. Scarves are very flexible and can be worn with a dress or jeans and a t-shirt depending on the look you want and the scarf you are starting with. There many different ways that you can tie a scarf. Some are very complicated but when I learned how to tie a scarf, I started with a few basic ties.
How to make a simple knot:
- Drape the scarf around your neck with the ends in front.
- Tie the ends of the scarf once.
- Adjust the knot where it looks best with what you’re wearing.
How to make a loose wrap:
- Hold the scarf in front of you with the center part under your chin.
- Put the ends hanging in the back.
- Bring the ends in the back around evenly so they hang down in front.
How to tie a slip knot:
- Fold the scarf in half.
- Wrap the scarf around the back of your neck.
- Put both loose ends of the scarf through the loop made from the fold
- Adjust the scarf so it looks right with what you’re wearing.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.