Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Glossybox review was made possible by an item provided. This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are mine and mine alone.
With the holidays right around the corner, I have been looking for ways to glam up my style a bit. It seems like that most days I wear the same types of make up and use the same types of products. That’s great for every day, but, I want something a little bit more special for the holiday parties and events we’ll be attending. I hate going out and buying a bunch of full sized products before I know if I’ll like them so I was thrilled to receive the November Glossybox for review.
Glossybox Review November 2013
Glossybox is a monthly subscription service that allows you to receive five travel size beauty products each month. These boxes contain only top beauty products from well known luxury brands and up coming niche brands. You aren’t going to find any drug store brand products in your Glossybox. The entire package screams luxury from the box to the tissue paper tied with a bow.
The box I received contained:
- Emite Makeup – Micronized Eye Shadow in Dams – .05 oz
- Mastey – Color Protection Color Protecting Leave-in Oil Treatment – 2 oz
- Nicka K – New York Professional Eyeshadow Brush – full size
- The Aloe Source – Jojoba Radiance Cleansing Polish – 6.7 fl oz
- Vincent Longo – Duo Eye Pencil – full size
I love that the Nicka K and the Vincent Longo were both full size products!
Here are my thoughts about what I received:
- Emite Makeup – Micronized Eye Shadow in Dams – I was a bit confused when I saw the black eye shadow until I read that it’s intended to create a smokey eye and is highly pigmented to avoid grainy results. It can be used both wet and dry. Since my smokey eye tends to be more soft than vibrant, I was glad that I could use it dry for a more romantic look. A little bit goes a LONG way. Full size retail $27.00
- Mastey – Color Protection Color Protecting Leave-in Oil Treatment – I’ve noticed that my hair has been much dryer than usual. I am assuming it’s either an age related change or too much highlighting. Either way, this definitely left my hair feeling softer and shinier than before. You only need a few drops to feel the difference and I love that it is 100% vegan and cruelty free. Full size retail $25.00
- Nicka K – New York Professional Eyeshadow Brush – Ergonomically designed brush crafted with pony hair for easy handling. I’m not familiar with the brand but by the feel of the brush, it’s definitely a high quailty. The bristles are soft, even and held in place well. The rounded tip makes it easy to apply eye shadow in a variety of ways. Full size retail $5.00
- The Aloe Source – Jojoba Radiance Cleansing Polish – Sulfate free cleanswer that removes make up, oil and impurities. Gently exfoliates with a combination of jojoba microbeads and alpha and beta hydroxy acides while the aloe soothes your skin for a healthy glow. I’m always a bit worried with exfoliating products because of my rosacea. I was quite pleased that this really is soothing to my skin. Full size retail $30.00
- Vincent Longo – Duo Eye Pencil – An eye pencil that features complimentary shades for maximum creativity. Smudge resistant and long wearing. Glides on smoothly and prevents tugging. Love this idea. The pencil I received has lime on one end and forest on the other. While not a good match for my blue eyes, it’s going to look amazing with my daughter’s brown eyes.
My favorite this morning is a toss up between the Mastey oil treatment and the Vincent Long pencil. Both products are amazing and new brands to me. Both are a very high quality and definitely brands I’ll be purchasing again.
Order your Glossybox today:
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.