Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on December 29, 2017 by Ellen Christian
The Glossybox December 2014 box was just about as good as it can get. Glossybox always makes me feel pampered when I receive it because I receive only the best luxury beauty brands to try. Each month I get at least 5 new products to try. They are a combination of trial and full sized products including hair, cosmetic and beauty brands. The Glossybox December 2014 box is their Holiday Box and it was AMAZING.
Glossybox December 2014 Box
The Glossybox December 2014 box has 8 products in it! Yes, 8! Of those 8 products, 7 were full sized! Plus, 7 were cosmetics! I have to admit that my very favorite new products to try are cosmetics so you can see why I was so happy with this box. Here’s what I received:
1. Calvin Klein Reveal perfume – Designed to express Calvin Klein’s core brand identity, this solar oriental is characterized by freshness and warmth. A sensorial raw salt signature captures traces of the scent of skin and is blended with orris and a drydown of sensual sandalwood. Full size $90
My thoughts: I love the way this smells! I fell in love with the last Calvin Klein perfume I received so I’m very glad to see I’ll enjoy this one too.
2. Teadora Nourishing Lip Butter in Rainforest at Dawn – This new brand is inspired by and infused with extracts of the antioxidant rich plants found in the Amazon Rainforest. Packed with maracuja, acai oils and mango butters, this citrusy flavor is also known as laranga or orange in Portuguese. Full size $15
My thoughts: I admit that I have a passion for lip products. This lip butter is in a little plastic jar so it’s a bit odd to apply unless you stick your finger into the jar. I do love the scent and the way it feels on my lips but it might have been easier to apply in a tube.
3. NCLA Nail Lacquer in Satin Sheets, Velvet Ropes – This cult favorite Indie brand is inspired by the sights and sounds of Southern California. Both 5 free and American made, this gilded red shade shimmers slightly under the holiday lights. Full size $16
My thoughts: I love that this brand is both American made and 5-free! This gorgeous red color is perfect for the holidays too!
4. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Loose Colour Concentrates in Smote – This gorgeous holographic micronized color pigment is infused with light reflecting mica to impart a multidimensional glimmering effect wherever it’s applied. Full size $14
My thoughts: I admit that I don’t really know much about working with pigments. I do love the color and the shimmer makes it perfect for a dressy evening holiday party.
5. Cargo TexasLiner Liquid Eye Liner – Because everything is bigger in Texas, Cargo decided to upgrade the eyeliner experience with this easy to control chubby felt tip liquid eyeliner. Full size $20
My thoughts: I love Cargo cosmetics. I have several eyeliners from them but have never tried one of the liquid eyeliners. It’s definitely easier to hold than the thinner versions. This will be great for a cat eye look!
6. Korres Volcanic Minerals Volumizing Mascara – Featuring volcanic soil said to increase lashes by 600 percent and provide its deep, dark black hue, this mascara leaves a glossy finish with rich pigments and natural film formers.
My thoughts: Love the length and the fact that it doesn’t clump. I’m not familiar with the brand but I’ll definitely be looking for it in the future.
7. The Lip Bar Lipstick in Crimson Wonderland – Celebrate the season by using The Lip Bar’s limited edition candy apple red lip color. It’s cruelty free and filled with nurturing ingredients like organic shea butter, avocado oil and coconut oil.
My thoughts: Love the ingredients in this lipstick and I love that it’s cruelty free. It’s definitely NOT my color but my daughter will love it.
8. Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Wind – Loaded with vitamin E, shea butter and jojoba seed oil to soften, nourish and protect lips, this hydrating gloss is the perfect pinky nude shade to match with every complexion.
My thoughts: LOVE this! The color is perfect and it feels so good on my lips. Definitely will be using this again.
If you haven’t already signed up for Glossybox, I definitely recommend it. The products are always luxury brands and it’s definitely worth the price you pay.
Product provided. Post contains affiliate links.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.