Last Updated on December 29, 2017 by Ellen Christian
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It has been a crazy few weeks here so when my Glossybox August 2014 box arrived, I knew it called for immediately celebration. There are some days that you just need to step back and treat yourself a little bit. You cannot handle everything for everyone unless unless you occasionally time a little bit of time for yourself.
Glossybox August 2014
I made myself a cup of tea and opened my newest Glossybox. The products I receive in my monthly Glossybox really make me feel pampered and special. All of the products are high end, exclusive beauty products. These aren’t things you’ll find in the local drug store or mass retailers. I love being able to try new brands before I invest in a full size bottle. My Glossybox August 2014 box contained:
1. Kryoland for Glosybox Highlighter in Cashmere – A special edition multipurpose highlighter that can be used on cheekbones, eyes, lips or wherever the light catches you for a lit from within glow. Full size $18.95 / .15 oz
My thoughts: I love this stuff! I have been using a bit of this on my cheekbones in place of blush. I have rosacea so I don’t generally use blush. The highlight brings out great tons without adding red to my skin.
2. SpaRitual Explore Color Collection in Uncharted – Inspired by the flora and fauna found in a North American forest and meant to evoke feelings of outdoor nostalgia. With shades that harken to the bright flashes of color superimposed with a well-worn hiking trail, each nail lacquer is free of DBP, toluene, camphore, formaldehyde and formaldehyde resin. Full size $12 / .5 oz
My thoughts: LOVE this color. Definitely a color I will wear repeatedly and I love that it is free of the Big 5 bad ingredients.
3. Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner – The British cosmetics brand, fronted by self-proclaimed eyeliner addict Alexa Chung, is all about the eye. Described as one of Chung’s favorite products for a Sixties look, this pigmented liquid pen features a long lasting formula, and a precision tip for defined lines, bold wings and everything in between. Full size $16 / .07 oz
My thoughts: I have never mastered using liquid eyeliners. I generally seem to make a giant mess. I was pleased to see this was easier to use than many I’ve tried in the past. I’ll be passing this on to my daughter who loves liquid eyeliner and has much more skill at it than I do.
4. Uberliss Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner – Promising shine and a dose of hydration thanks to ingredients like royal jelly, blueberry, apple, sugarcane, green tea, lemon peel and keratin, the Uberliss Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner are sulfate free and leave hair fibers soft and easy to comb. Full size $23.90 / $25.90 / 12 fl oz
My thoughts: This smells yummy and left my hair feeling soft and smooth. I noticed no build up and it’s definitely something I’ll be using more of.
5. Eslor Firming Collagen Day Cream – Containing natural skin firming ingredients like ginseng extract, hydrolyzed marine collagen, avocado, wheat term and sesame oils, this anti aging cream should be massaged twice a day onto cleansed skin to improve elasticity and prevent the early appearance of wrinkles. Full size $85 / 1.7 oz
I have so many anti-aging products that it’s hard to really make one stand out. It left my skin feeling soft and soothed and I had no irritation. With a sample, it’s not really enough to see any effects from long term use.
If you haven’t signed up for Glossybox, I definitely recommend that you do. I love the products that I receive each month and the quality is definitely the best that i have seen. Sign up below and get a free Boscia BB Cream until October 1, 2014:
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.